Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Before and After

As promised, here's one of my favorite before and after projects I finished recently. Oh, and don't worry, this is just the beginning. I have plenty more to share, just want to spread it out...you know...to keep you coming back for more.:)

I spied this super giant 6 drawer piece sitting on the side of the road with a free sign on it. I drove by it twice while doing errands thinking it was just waaaay too big and I didn't have the room in my studio to even work on it. By three o'clock that day, it started to haunt me...so I went back for a closer look. It was a super solid piece. The drawers opened and closed on smooth glides. The drawers were so big I could store plenty of fabric and supplies in them. So I called my husband and he helped me haul it home.
It was primed inside and out, the top was sanded down to raw wood and stained a dark walnut and waxed. Then the rest got a fresh coat of white paint, added caster wheels to the base, and ordered all new hardware. The sides weren't the prettiest so I'm in the process of covering them with used paint sticks. (that idea was inspired by my artist friend John Finkbiner who uses his old paint sticks on frames and art pieces. Genius!!!)









1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic - I really love the top, and the paint sticks on the side is a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete